Saturday, June 6, 2009

House #1

Front of house

What's not to love? This one came on the market today. It's the first house I've actually viewed. I don't want to fall prey to the "fall in love with the first house you see" cliche, but, well, I love it.

Pros:
  • About 1 mile from work
  • Small house
  • Good-size kitchen
  • Aesthetically pleasing
  • Heated garage
  • Big trees
  • Washer and dryer convey
  • Arctic entry
  • Wood floors (original, not laminate)
  • Built ins in dining area
  • New hot water heater installed 10/08
  • Small deck out back


Cons:
  • Forced air heat
  • Old single pane windows
  • Older appliances
  • Bedroom closets are small
  • Bathtub is oddly small and needs repairs
  • Priced about $25K over the assessed value
  • Unknown age of furnace
  • Deck needs some work - a few rotten boards, needs staining
  • Not good defensively in case of zombie apocalypse

I know a lot of it may be typical real estate agent spin, but this house hit the market today. I was the first person to view it, another person was coming by after me, and another viewing was set up for Monday.

I'm going to call on Monday to get more accurate information on fuel consumption. I want to know how many gallons were used in the winter. But I'm also trying to go to the bank for a mortgage approval on Monday and to meet with a realtor to represent me. I think I'm going to put an offer in. I'd be willing to pay very close to their asking price, but I'm going to try for lower.

Dammit, I fell in love with the first house!

Front of house

Arctic entry

Living room

Built-in storage in dining area

Kitchen

Kitchen

Tongue and groove ceiling

Laundry area

Back bedroom

Back bedroom closet

Hallway to bathroom and front bedroom

Bathroom

Back yard

Back yard

Driveway and garage

No comments:

Post a Comment