Wednesday, June 10, 2009

moving along

I got the disclosures today. Nothing really surprising there, except I'd really like to know the age of the roof. I signed off on them and left them at my realtor's office, along with the balance of my earnest money. I've been having money taken out of my bank account since I got a raise last year, so most of my money has been locked away in an online banks. Therefore it takes me a few days to access my money.

I also decided that since I bought a 2-bedroom house, I should definitely consider a roommate. Sure, the extra space would be nice, but so would the contribution to the mortgage, you know? To that effect, I contacted someone on Craigslist who was moving up and looking for a place. Hey, that's how I found Celine and Bob! She seems pretty compatible thus far, so it looks like I will get a roommate about 2 weeks after I move in. Brilliant! I've only spotted two potential disadvantages:
  • She has a cat. Named Nebel. Pronounced like Maybelle. My cat is Nibbles. These are very similar names. The cats will get confused.
  • She likes to bake. I already bake at least once a week. I predict massive weight gains.

I realize that I have only posted pictures of the back bedroom. Fortunately I copied a picture off the realtor's site and can now show you the front bedroom.
At this point, I think I will take this room. It has some very obvious disadvantages: it has the smallest closet (oh! my wardrobe!) and it is on the street side of the house (the other room is on the backyard). But it also has the eastern windows (hello, morning sun!) and is right next to the bathroom. Plus, I can't lie, I like the trim on the walls.

The inspection is on Monday. My fingers are crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment